Thursday, August 7, 2008

God does not call us to do anything unless it's just beyond our own ability...

I'm starting to think this project is not just beyond my own ability, but way out of my league! :) But that's okay, because I'm not the pilot...

A couple of things I found out...

It will probably be next year before we get statused as a 501(c)3 non profit organization. I don't really view this as a set back because that had been my timeline from the beginning. Once I found that site for Center For Nonprofits I was thinking that we might get it done in a more timely fashion. There is also a grant program each year at LifeWay that I was hoping to apply for, but you are required to have the 501(c)3. So, next year I will also be going after funding. (Actually, my post title came from the person heading up the grant at LifeWay...and just a note this grant is funded from employees that contribute to it...not from the company itself. I don't want anyone to get any ideas of improper use of funds since LifeWay had a large number of layoffs recently).

I'm a goal maker...so this is what I've set my next goal at...

I need to sell 50 Faith, Hope and Love bracelets in order to cover the cost for the fees associated with gaining a non-profit status. 50 Bracelets...check out the iMage Jewelry link on the right hand side for a picture of the bracelet as well as other jewelry that I create.

Here's another step I've taken to subsidize the foundation...50% of all of iMage Jewelry sales profit will go to fund TCB. Please pray about this as well...there are some steps that need to be taken, like launching an actual website (not just a blog site) for my business, creating a catalog, hosting home parties. (If you live in the Nashville area and want to sign up to host a home show email me at imagejewelry@hotmail.com). All of this takes money as well...it's true when they say you have to spend money to make money...and in order to give money you have to make money! It's the endless cycle. :)

Thanks again for your support, I can't tell you how much you all mean to me!

0 comments: