Saturday, August 23, 2008

Isaac

I read a blog called 'He Will Carry Me'...Stacy and Spencer-- are pregnant with their son who has been diagnosed with some serious medical conditions--the doctors have advised that more than likely Isaac will not live outside the womb, and if he does his time will be limited.

I had initially been drawn to their story because Isaac had been diagnosed with a cystic hygroma which is what Hayden had been diagnosed with when we were pregnant with him. Isaac has other conditions too...but that does not change the fact that God is bigger than all of this. I'm just asking for everyone to pray for Isaac, for a miracle. There is one doctor Stacy has seen who has out right questioned there reasoning for continuing the pregnancy instead of choosing termination. He said that out of all the high risk pregnancies with prognosis similar to hers, only 3 people have chosen not to terminate--now 4 with her and Spencer. 4 people...so I'm also asking for everyone who's reading this to beat down the doors of heaven regarding these doctors that doubt...help them to have compassion and to remind them that they are talking about parent's children...not a fetus or a medical statistic...but a baby. I can understand their doubt, they are doctors that go by facts and science...but our God does not work on either of those terms...I cannot understand the lack of decency to show respect and compassion on their part.

James and I had also been advised to terminate. The day we found out about everything with Hayden, our neonatalist said these words..."Nothing good would come of this pregnancy"...nothing good. To this day, when I think about this...I cry. So much good has come from that pregnancy...not only that we were given our son, but by strengthening our faith as well...and now this foundation, God is still making good come from our experience that happened while I was pregnant with our son more than 7 years ago...it's never ending...and I think as long as we are here on earth He will continue to do good thru what we have been given.

Please pray...

0 comments: