Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Two sweet little girls...Molly and Maddie

**Update 09/24/08...Molly did not have a good day yesterday--it was her roughest day yet. Her oxygen is at 100%...and Briana sounds so defeated. Please just lift her up right now, I think prayer at times is so powerful because we're able to intercede on their behalf when those just struggling to make it thru have no words to say. I'm asking for strength and peace for this family that I--along with so many others--have grown to love.**


I'm asking for ya'll, once again, to beat down the doors of heaven. Molly did not have a good day yesterday, which is very disappointing after a strand of excellent days. This was her worst yet. Her oxygen levels were at 90%...the past bad days had been at 60-70%...if I'm understanding correctly this means that the machines were doing 90% of the work for her and she was only able to handle 10% of breathing on her own. Obviously, this is very close to the machines doing all of the work...and that's not a good thing. Again, I'm not a doctor...I may be off base...but in my little brain that's how I'm interpreting it. Briana and Garrick are realizing that her time is much more limited...of course we're not ruling out a miracle...little Molly could have another strand of good days...and I'm still praying for that BIG MIRACLE...I'm still hoping that God will intervene in the way we would chose...but the days he's given this sweet family have already been a stamp of His love and miraculous power. And I keep reminding myself He sees the whole picture...we see just a glimpse. Please pray for this family...

And Maddie...Miss Maddie is having her bone marrow transplant today--YAY!!! From what I hear the side effects can be pretty hard. I also found out why the news was so good that the bone marrow test came back cancer free (aside from the obvious--cancer free--words!). Now, keep in mind I am not an expert but just passing along info I'd been given--Maddie is considered in "remission" but without the bone marrow transplant the cancer would almost definitely return. Had the test results come back showing cancer cells in the marrow her liklihood of beating this was only 3%...since her results came back cancer free the probability of her survival increased to 60-70%. Drastic change. Please pray that the transplant goes well...that there's not any rejection...and for her precious parents as they have been an example of true faith thru this ordeal. I am in awe of them.

On a side note...if your considering my CHALLENGE...my friend, Julie told me about her friend who'd signed up to be a donor and was recently matched with a 12 year old!!! I mean is that not one of the coolest things you could ever do...give a child a chance at life. I'm praying that I will be a match for someone because I think that is one of the greatest things we are capable of doing for these precious kids!!! If you're unsure of what the challenge is...scroll down to the next post and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Okay, get to it...we've got some praying to do today!! :) Thanks for all of you coming alongside these families.

0 comments: